Monday, December 13, 2010

Earth Homes

As I was perusing the annals of Stumbleupon.com I came across an interesting site about people who build homes that are virtually one with the Earth.  These "Earth Homes" as they're called (really clever, I know) look as though they're something straight out of Tolkein's "Lord of the Rings".  Moreover, they're more affordable than traditional homes and considered a "greener" way to live.  If that wasn't enough, these Earth Homes stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.  There's more!  They also have less parasites, rodents, and mildew than your traditional homes (if built properly) and ventilate really well.  If you're surfing through the 407 blogs late into finals week (as I'm sure we all have been) check them out!  I definitely want to build a Hobbit Home for myself one day but for now I'll just dream about it...

http://www.earthshelteredhome.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment